Second Saturday Happy Hour Cocktails & Mocktails
In honor of our first “Second Saturday Happy Hour” coming up this week, we decided to stir up one of our favorite drink recipes (with and without the booze) so that you won’t arrive empty-handed!
Enjoy the refreshing flavors of grapefruit mixed with the warmth of cardamom and earthy rosemary to welcome in September. This Grapefruit Cardamom Gin Fizz is the perfect cocktail for the changing season. With this recipe, whip up a simple rosemary syrup and infuse your gin with rosemary overnight to create this irresistible boozy delight.
Not interested in alcohol? No problem! Our Rosemary Grapefruit Mocktail is the perfect equivalent to the Grapefruit Cardamom Gin Fizz – hold the Gin, keep the Fizz. This guilt-free drink uses citrus sparkling water in place of Gin and Prosecco.
Concoct a cocktail or mix up a mocktail with the recipes below, and join us this Saturday (Sept 12th) for a virtual community gathering of relaxation, laughter, and togetherness. See you there!
RECIPE 1: GRAPEFRUIT CARDAMOM GIN FIZZ
- 3 Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 oz Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 6 Cardamom Pods
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Grapefruit Juice (fresh squeezed)
- 3 oz Cardamom-Infused Gin
- 1 cup Gin
- 1/2 teaspoon Prosecco
- 1 cup Water
- To make the cardamom-infused gin, combine both into a small sealed jar, and store for 24 hours.
- To make the rosemary syrup, simmer the sugar, water, and 2 rosemary sprigs in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely. Remove the rosemary and use right away, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Pour rosemary syrup, infused gin and grapefruit juice over ice in a cocktail mixer and shake to combine.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and strain the mixture into the glasses.
- Top with prosecco and garnish with a sprig of rosemary. Cheers!
RECIPE 2: ROSEMARY GRAPEFRUIT MOCKTAIL
- 4 oz Grapefruit Juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/3 oz Agave Nectar
- 3 oz Citrus-Flavored Sparkling Water
- Pinch of Cardamom
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Rosemary Sprig
- Pour grapefruit juice, agave, and sparkling water over ice
Add a small pinch of cardamom and salt and stir until dissolved.
Top with a sprig of rosemary. Cheers!