COVID-19 Safety Policies & Procedures for In-Person Classes
Please note that these policies are subject to change. We are constantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will continue to update and revise these policies in response to any changes recommended by the CDC or the DC government. The health and safety of our community is our top priority.
* WYC requires all visitors to the studio to provide one-time proof of full vaccination status (2 weeks after the first dose of J&J or second dose of Moderna/Pfizer).
* Starting March 1st, 2022, WYC will require all students to provide proof of a 3rd “booster” shot in order to attend in-studio classes.
* Visitors must submit their vaccination card via this Vaccination Verification Submission Form prior to or upon arrival to the studio. A QR Code for easier access will be available at the front desk.
* Vaccination card submissions will be kept on file for future visits.
* Starting March 1st, 2022, in accordance with CDC and DC guidelines, mask use in the studio is optional.
* WYC highly recommends the use of N95 or surgical masks. However, cloth face masks are acceptable face coverings.
* In-person classes will be limited to 10 students only.
* To shorten time spent inside and ensure your spot, students are encouraged to pre-register via the MBO app.
* Students are encouraged to pre-submit their vaccination card and fill out their waiver via this Vaccination Verification Submission Form.
* Students must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of class to fill out their waiver and present proof of vaccination if they have not already done so via the form above.
* Drop-ins will be allowed as space permits. WYC does not take cash payments.
* Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of class and depart no later than 15 minutes after the end of class.
* Late arrivals will not be allowed into class after class has begun. (Door will be locked)
* Only those students who have registered for class will be allowed into the building.
* All students, regardless of membership status, who register but do not show up for an in-studio class will be assessed a $22 No-Show Fee. Space in the studio is extremely limited.
* If you are sick in any way (sore throat, runny nose, fever, cough, cold, flu, etc.) do not come to the studio.
* Students must wear their mask at all times while in the building, including during class.
* Students must remain on their mat during class time and observe social distancing at all times while in the building.
* Mats must be spaced at least 3 feet apart in the studio.
* Students must provide their own equipment, including but not limited to mats, blocks, straps, and water bottles. Students will not be able to store mats and other props at the studio.
* Disposable wipes will be provided for cleaning props.
* At the discretion of the teacher, hands-on assists from teachers will only be administered with explicit permission from the student.
* All in-person classes will be conducted in a hybrid fashion, meaning all in-person classes will be live-streamed via zoom.
* All in-person classes will also be recorded for use in WYC’s video library.
* Windows will be open to provide additional ventilation throughout the space.
* The front door will be locked once class begins.
Potential Exposure/Positive Test
* Should we become aware of a positive COVID-19 test in our community we will immediately alert everyone who was directly exposed via email.
* If you have received a positive test result for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 contact us immediately.
* If you have received a positive test result for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 we ask that you refrain from returning to the studio until 10 days have passed since exposure or you receive a negative test result. The CDC recommends getting tested 3-5 days after exposure even if you are fully vaccinated.
What our students are saying
“Happy Thanksgiving, with immense gratitude from me to you for creating and sustaining your studio and teaching and admin staff for us all —through the pandemic and in general”
HB, November 2021
“ Thanks to you for continuing to work to provide our community with great yoga and fellowship too!”
MD, November 2021
Want to hear first about...
*Sales + Promotions
*Workshops + Trainings
4433 1/2 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
CONNECT WITH US